MIAMI, Aug. 24, 2021 – PNC Bank today announced the opening of its first retail branch in Miami-Dade County at the iconic 28-story 800 Brickell Avenue office tower in Miami. The new 3,400-sq.-ft. location features an array of digital banking capabilities, including a video banking machine in the drive-thru and a self-service ATM in the vestibule.
The branch has been designed based on learnings and feedback from PNC customers and employees, enhancing the bank’s overall approach to consumer banking services.
“Brickell Avenue showcases some of the country’s largest international banks, as well as some of the best restaurants and stores in Miami. These were key factors in the selection process of this location,” said Cressman Bronson, PNC regional president for Southeast Florida. “We’re excited to be growing our business in South Florida, by bringing best-in-class technology, a complete suite of banking offerings and a personalized approach for the people who live and work in Brickell and the Greater Miami area.”
The Brickell Avenue branch features:
- PNC ATM and Banking Kiosk – Self-service capabilities for deposits, withdrawals and other bank transactions;
- Advanced Technology – Screen-mirroring capabilities from customers’ phones or tablets, projecting to large plasma screens for hands-on demonstrations of PNC apps or a guided digital experience;
- Workstations of the Future – Flexibility for customers to work with PNC bankers, on tablets or mobile devices, wherever they are most comfortable within the branch;
- Video Banking Machine – Enhanced ATM that allow customers to complete teller transactions during extended hours, 7 days a week, by interacting with a remote banker via an audio and video connection. Customers can make payments to PNC accounts, cash checks, make deposits and talk live with an on-screen banker. This self-service technology allows customers to bank at times that are convenient for them, while still having access to a live banker who can assist with more complex transactions; and
- Environmentally Friendly Features – To bring the PNC branch to life in the high-rise lobby, the space incorporates:
- Recycled materials used in the branch’s construction,
- Low energy lighting and water in rest room and pantry fixtures,
- Touchless rest room fixtures, and
- Touchless interior and exterior doors.
The bank’s first retail location in Miami opens after the introduction of its groundbreaking new Low Cash Mode℠ digital offering, which addresses the $17 billion dollars that some studies estimate U.S. consumers pay each year in overdraft fees. Now available to Virtual Wallet® customers, Low Cash Mode℠ offers payment control – the power to determine whether certain debits are processed that otherwise might result in overdrafts; real-time Intelligent Alerts; and “Extra Time,” which gives customers time to avoid overdrafts before fees are charged.
PNC’s retail banking network currently includes approximately 2,300 brick-and-mortar locations across nearly 40 markets. In addition, PNC customers can access their money fee-free at nearly 18,000 ATMs across the country. The Brickell branch is the first of four PNC branches opening in Miami in 2021-22. A branch will open in Pinecrest in October, followed by a location in Coral Gables and in Doral in 2022.
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
SOURCE: PNC Bank